I saw the worst musical ever written last week. As soon I tell you what it was you’re going to say “well, uh, yeah” so I’ll preface it by letting you know that the book was written by the guy who wrote the Tony award-winning Avenue Q and the music and lyrics were written by people behind In The Heights and Next to Normal. So yes, it WAS Bring It On The Musical BUT GIVEN THE PEOPLE INVOLVED WE HAD HOPES IT WOULD ACTUALLY BE FUN, OK?!
Nope. False. Horrible dialogue. Uncatchy songs. And the whole thing was a bit racist.
Oh, and IT DIDN’T INVOLVE ANY OF THE CHARACTERS OR PLOT FROM THE MOVIE BRING IT ON.
Shockingly, it’s closing it a couple weeks.
Shit I wrote on here:
- Bartering like a goddamn frontiersman
- I’m giving everyone a copy of my favorite game
- When I was 7 I wrote a book called “Staci and the Boombox Mystery.” It was just re-discovered.
Shit I wrote other places:
- Drink Up Columbus: The Daily Growler opens December 17
- 614 Magazine: Yes We Can
- 614 Magazine: Drunk Brunch – Bacon with a side of booze
Shit that happened elsewhere:
- My friends & accountants Upsourced Accounting chatted with me about social media for small businesses
- My recurring segment on Mix 107.9 FM
Shit I Tweeted, Facebooked, Pinned, Google Plus’d, YouFace’d or otherwise shared somewhere on the internet:
- Nintendope: A Brief History of Nintendo
- Awesome holiday cards for geeks
- The Dark Knight Rises trailer, re-created brick by brick in LEGOs
- I’ll never be sick again! New study finds that a compound in beer can help protect against pneumonia & bronchitis
- Great conversation with Wil Wheaton, The Bloggess, Patrick Rothfuss and John Scalzi about life online
- God I love this YouTube channel. Epic Rap Battles of History: Batman vs Sherlock Holmes AND Santa Claus versus Moses and why is Snoop Dogg Moses hahahahaha