I haven’t written here for a while, but it’s not for lack of wanting to – the blog was just completely borked.
I’m not technical enough to fully understand why, so while I know it had something to do with the host server and some bad code, I prefer to think that beingcheryl.com was hijackedby a pack of evil monkeys who were using it in their plot to take over the world, a plot which was probably not very good since less than one percent of one percent of one percent of just the population of Ohio even knows about this blog, and I don’t really see how a blog where I talk how I once fake being possessed or spent eight hours in Juvie can really further their cause, but hey, they were only genetically enhanced to be EVIL monkeys, not evil GENIUS monkeys, so it’s not really their fault.
(I’ve been watching a lot of Buffy lately. I’ve also gotten REALLY GOOD AT PHOTOSHOP.)
So now I am able to post again! Here’s what you missed during the monkeys’ reign:
- I was voted one of the top 3 bloggers in Columbus – which is pretty funny considering everything I just said, but that’s only this blog – I’ve been a blogging fiend over on Drink Up Columbus. Here are a few of my favorite posts from the past few months:
- My first article in the new Live Local! Columbus magazine was published! It’s a high-level overview of the eight new breweries opening on Columbus in 2012 – basically just snippets from the above articles plus a few others.
- I wrote a guest post for the Columbus’ visitors bureau, too. And it’s basically just a shorter version of the Live Local article. What can I say, people (myself included) are excited about all these damn breweries.
- I started a business! I now own Drink Up Columbus LLC, which despite sharing a name with the blog really has nothing to do with the blog and is just a legal name for my Community Management services. And speaking of, I added three new local businesses to my client list (which was previously an impressive “1” with Woodlands Tavern.) I have a tax number and a bank account and everything. I’m legit.
- Demetrius and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary May 14! We spent the weekend in D.C. with a stop in West Virginia. I didn’t bring my laptop. That was a vacation in itself.
- The guy who tried to sue me for a five star review, and then pretended he was an old lady, has written several fake reviews of his salon. I thought you’d appreciate that.
- My squirrel-infested Cavalier is STILL sitting in front of my house after three months, so undoubtedly a new family of squirrels has moved in.
- I decided to quit smoking (again) but this time it’s not because I’m poor and want an iPhone. I’m 40 hours smoke-free right now and I don’t completely feel like killing everyone so all in all it’s going pretty well.
Check back for the finished redesign in a week or so, plus some cool posts I’ve got in the pipeline – reviews of awesome products and services, community management tips, “deep” thoughts and, of course, embarassing stories about me that I probably shouldn’t post on the Internet.
On second thought, just subscribe and then you won’t have to “check back” because your inbox or RSS reader will just tell you to.